16 April 2014

Art Quilt Paper Piece Progress

I got started on my Girl in the Wind Art Quilt,  I completed sections A - E.

Section A (first attempt)

Then I jumped right in and made section B - E.  Once that B-E section was complete I realized I really should follow instructions.  The B-E block is a big smaller then the A block and that would be because I did not follow instructions. sigh...  



Instructions said to do the four sections individually then sew them together to make the finally block.  Guess it was not a suggestion.  So I had to redo the parts for sections A, but I was able to salvage the piece from the first block to redo the block. 



Here is the first two assignments sewed together. 

Now I am happy to say that both are the same size (well close as it is going to get).  Now on to week 3 assignment. 

In other exciting news, I received my fabric for the Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Challenge.  The fabric is so pretty and fun and I am at a lost to what I should do with it.  


I am also a bit intimidated as the last challenge had so many wonderful creations and I don't think I could even compete. Guess I won't know unless I give it a try so fingers crossed I can create something worthy of the challenge. 

Thank you for stopping by and visiting. 

Cheers, 
Abby

QuilterBlogs

No comments:

Post a Comment