26 January 2016

Improv Play

I must be the slowest binder.  This small improv piece that I quilted back in November I finally finished the binding on. I thought since it was finished at the skate park I had to snap a picture on location.  

This is all free form pieced. I pulled my purple and grey/black scraps out and started working on a plan on the design wall. Once I got all the pieces organised on the wall I just started sewing them together and squared up as I went along.  I made 5 blocks to begin with then added the black on the ends to give it somewhat of a frame but I like the floating effect it gave the blocks.  This one finished in at 43" x 17" perfect for a table runner or hanging on the wall. 

Here are some closeups of the quilting. 

Kids go back to school tomorrow (happy dance) so I hope I can get back in the swing of blogging on a regular base. School holidays really throw things off.  

Thanks for stopping by and visiting. 


1 comment:

  1. Your location shot is fabulous, and thanks for explaining your use of the design wall in your process. Congrats on a great finish!